Monday, January 23, 2012

A Day of Artistic Pursuits

My brother and sister-in-law and a friend of theirs came into the city last Friday and we had the prix fix lunch at Giovanni Venti Cinque on E. 83rd Street, NYC.  Pictured is my delicious and nutritious appetizer, Asparagi Gratinati (fresh asparagus tips served warm with melted Parmigiano), which was accompanied by the Pesche del Giorno, a fine Pinot Grigio chosen by my brother, and a selection of biscotti.  This was one of the best meals of my life--you should try this restaurant!  The service was impeccable, the servers respectful yet friendly.  We were all delighted.
Afterward we all went to the Met Museum, particularly to see the exhibits Duncan Phyfe, Master Cabinetmaker in New York and the new galleries for Islamic Art.  I had not been to the Met since before my knees began their campaign of pain and they didn't let me down--even after several hours of standing!  So this was a special day in many ways.  A return to a pastime that I had always enjoyed.  There is just nothing like a day of good food, great conversation, and a few hours contemplating art and beauty.  At the end of the day I realized how much I'd missed the this side of life.  Visual art, culinary art, performance art... they are a big part of me.

1 comment:

  1. I hope this lovely afternoon will be the beginning of many such excursions now that you have new knees! Loved hearing about this day from two bloggers!

    ReplyDelete